Northeastern University is committed to the success of each faculty member and provides faculty members with many avenues for connecting with formal and informal mentorship. Mentoring begins upon entry through the New Faculty Orientation and continues throughout a faculty member’s academic career to retirement. Faculty Mentoring Programs are hosted by the ADVANCE Office of Faculty Development.
Audience(s): Academics & Faculty
- ADVANCE hosts regular Monthly Mentoring Discussions to introduce faculty to each other and to Northeastern culture
- M2AP offers grants to small groups of faculty members in any Northeastern college. This is an opportunity for faculty to design their own mentoring experience involving groups of peers and/or senior colleagues from within and/or outside Northeastern.
- The Vice Provost for Academic Affairs leads workshops on Third Year Review, Tenure Process, and Promotion to Full Professor
- The mentoring System of Support (S.O.S) is a program for first year faculty piloted in 2015. This system emails discussion prompts to junior faculty mentees and senior faculty mentors to foster the mentoring relationship.
- ADVANCE hosts university-wide social events such as the Fall Mentoring Luncheon and the End of Year Mentoring Reception.
- Faculty Writing Groups provide writing support to all faculty and foster relationships across disciplines