The Office of Global Services (OGS), formerly known as International Student and Scholar Institute (ISSI), is committed to being an active resource to the university’s community of international students, scholars and their families. They provide professional expertise and support from the time of admission to beyond graduation. The OGS collaborates with students, scholars and other offices at Northeastern to enhance the international character of the university, helps students build connections, and shares their values and stories across the university and throughout Boston. Northeastern works to ensure that all students feel the university is a home away from home.
Audience(s): Student Life
- Northeastern University hosts over 10,500 international students and scholars from 140 different nations across the world.
- Guidance and advising is administered on all visa and immigration documentation administered by team of advisors.
- International Student Orientation Programs support the entry of international students and scholars onto campus to become familiar with campus processes, and get information to support academic success.
- Programs and activities are hosted regularly to foster the exchange of ideas, and cultural exploration.
- Northeastern is the 6th ranked university in the U.S. for incoming international students and serves s a model of innovation for internationalization.
- Carnevale, the OGS signature event, is a month long cultural festival in February that highlights both international and American cultures while creating opportunities for students to learn more about the individuals that make up the Northeastern community.
- OGS Student Support and Programming unit is a unique office that works with international students to help them transition into life as an international student, manage challenges and identify resources on campus.
- A team of Global Student Mentors leads weekend activities to get to know Boston, facilitates cultural programming throughout the year and are available to provide one to one support for students needing additional guidance on life as an international student at NU.