Preprints and manuscripts in preparation
- L. Yan and D. Bi, “The influence of rosettes on epithelial tissue mechanics”, (in preparation).
- X Li and D. Bi, “A tunable biological tissue-inspired photonic fluid”. (submitted to PNAS 2017).
- M F. Staddon, D. Bi, M. P. Murrell, and S. Banerjee, (in preparation).
- L. Atia*, D. Bi*, Y. Sharma*, J. A. Mitchel, B. Gweon, S. Koehler, S. J. DeCamp, B. Lan, J.H. Kim, R. Hirsch, A. F. Pegoraro, K. H. Lee, J. Starr, D. A. Weitz, A. C. Martin, J.-A. Park, J. P. Butler and J. J. Fredberg, “Geometrical constraints during epithelial jamming” (submitted to Nat. Mat. 2017). (*equal contribution)
- X. Yang, D. Bi, M. Czajkowski, M. Lisa Manning and M. C. Marchetti, “Correlating Cell Shape and Cellular Stress in Motile Confluent Tissues”, in press, PNAS (2017).
- Michael Czajkowski, D Bi, M. Lisa Manning and M. C. Marchetti, “Hydrodynamics of shape-driven rigidity transitions in motile tissues”, (submitted 2017)
- F. Wetzel*, A. Fritsch*, D. Bi*, R. Stange, S Pawlizak, T. Kiebling, M. Zink, L. Horn, K. Bendrat, M. Oktay, A. Niendorf, J. Condeelis, M Hockel, M. C. Marchetti, M. Lisa Manning and J. A. Kas, “Why do rigid tumours contain soft cancer cells”, in preparation (2017). (*equal contribution)
 D. Bi, X. Yang, M Cristina Marchetti and M. Lisa Manning. “Motility-driven glass and jamming transitions in biological tissues”, Phys. Rev. X 6, 021011 (2016). Download PDF
 S. Sarkar, D. Bi. J. Zhang, J. Ren, R. P. Behringer and B. Chakraborty. “Shear-induced rigidity of frictional particles: Analysis of emergent order in stress space”, Phys. Rev. E 93, 042901 (2016). Download PDF
 D. Bi, J.H. Lopez, J. M. Schwarz and M. Lisa Manning. “A density-independent rigidity transition in biological tissues”, Nature Physics 11, 1074-1079 (2015). Download PDF
 J.A. Park, J. H. Kim, D. Bi, et al. “Unjamming and cell shape in the asthmatic airway epithelium,” Nature Materials 14 1040–1048 (2015). Download PDF
 D. Bi, J.H. Lopez, J. M. Schwarz and M. Lisa Manning. “Energy barriers and cell migration in densely packed tissues”, Soft Matter 10, 1885-1890 (2014). Download PDF
 S. Sarkar, D. Bi, J. Zhang, R.P. Behringer and B. Chakraborty “Origin of Rigidity in Dry Granular Solids”. Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 068301 (2013). Download PDF
 D. Bi, J. Zhang, R. P. Behringer and B. Chakraborty “Fluctuations in Shear-Jammed States: A Statistical Ensemble Approach”, Euro. Phys. Lett. 102, 34002 (2013). Download PDF
 D. Bi, J. Zhang, B. Chakraborty and R.P. Behringer “Jamming by shear”. Nature 480, 355 — 358 (2011). Download PDF
 D. Bi and B. Chakraborty “Rheology of granular materials: dynamics in a stress landscape.” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. 367 1909, 5073–5090 (2009). Download PDF
 R. P. Behringer, D Bi, S. Henkes and B Chakraborty “Why Do Granular Materials Stiffen with Shear Rate? Test of Novel Stress-Based Statistics”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 268301 (2008). Download PDF
D. Bi, Silke Henkes, Karen Daniels and Bulbul Chakraborty. “The Statistical Physics of Athermal Materials”, Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics Vol. 6: 63-83 (2015). Download PDF
 R.P. Behringer, D. Bi, J. Zhang and B. Chakraborty, “Sheared Granular Materials near Jamming”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1542, 12–19 (2012). Download PDF
 R. R. Hartley, R. P. Behringer, S. Henkes, D. Bi and B. Chakraborty “Logarithmic Strengthening of Granular Materials with Shear Rate”. AIP Conference Proceedings 1145, 1089–1092 (2009). Download PDF