Home » News » Brennan Center for Justice hires MPA alumna after yearlong internship

Brennan Center for Justice hires MPA alumna after yearlong internship

Vienna Thompkins, MPA ’17, is getting ready to start her new role as a researcher at the Brennan Center for Justice on March 1, where she has been an intern since April 2017.

In her new role, Thompkins will be transitioning from her current work on criminal justice debt, to working on crime and mass incarceration projects within the center’s Justice Program. Specifically, she will contribute to a report on the economic impact of mass incarceration, which seeks to understand the ways in which the economy is impacted by the current incarceration rate.

“This position will allow me to continue to build upon the skills that I developed during my MPA and Data Analytics Certificate courses, which I refined through my internship over the past year, particularly those relating to policy analysis and data manipulation,” Thompkins said.

Click here to learn more about Thompkins’ Northeastern story and her yearlong internship at the Brennan Center for Justice.

Published On: February 3, 2018 |