MURP alumna starts position at Office of Workforce Development

CostelloLauren Costello graduated with a Master of Science in Urban and Regional Policy (MURP) in May 2016. Now, she is working as a senior research analyst for the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development in Boston.

In her role, Costello, who graduated with a focus on urban policy, design and economic development, works with institutions and agencies to collect data for research and evaluation. She provides support and management to special projects focusing on youth employment and development. She also develops recommendations on policy and programs for special projects, and provides guidance and support for grant development, submission, and management.

During her time at Northeastern, Costello worked as a research assistant at the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy, and she spent one semester in the Netherlands where she participated in SPPUA’s exchange program with the Universiteit van Amsterdam. (Read her blog to learn more about her studies, adventures and what drives her intellectually.)

“The courses I took as part of the MURP program prepared me for the policy practitioner end of my position, and my time as a researcher at the Dukakis Center for Urban and Regional Policy helped me to build out a more robust research-based skill set. Still much more to come, but I’m thankful to be at the beginning of a new chapter in my career!”

Lauren Costello

Visit Costello’s website to learn more about her work. Follow @LaurenCost on Twitter.

Published On: October 9, 2016 |