Associate Professor of Cultures, Societies and Global Studies
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Resume / CV
Panford was a Carnegie – University of Ghana Visiting Scholar from June to September, 2016. Prior to that, he was awarded a Fulbright as a Senior Visiting Scholar to Ghana in 2011-2012. Since 2009, Panford’s research and publications have been on Ghana’s emerging oil and gas sectors. His areas of expertise include petroleum and sustainable development; comparative development; human capital/labor and public policy and international organizations.
- “The Role of the Academy and the Successful Management of Ghana’s Oil and Gas Industry,” Africa Today (2014) 61(2): 79-107.
- “An Exploratory Survey of Petroleum Skills and Training in Ghana, 2012,” Africa Today (2014) 60 (3): 57-80.
- Ghana’s Industrial Relations and Labor Laws (A monograph on Ghana’s labor policies, laws and practices from colonial times to the present). The International Encyclopedia of Laws: Labor Law and Industrial Relations Series, Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, Deventer, The Netherlands, 2008, Revised, April 2012.
- “Trade Unions, Democratic Transition and Organizational Challenges: The Case of the Ghana TUC (1989-2009)” in Craig Phelan, Ed: Labor in West Africa, Peter Lang, 2011.
- “The Crucial Roles of Model Oil Agreements: The Public Policy Implications and Requirements” Ghana Policy Journal, 4th Edition, The Institute of Economic Affairs, Ghana, (2011).
- Contributor, “Oil Exploration and Production: A Baseline Socio-Economic Survey of Six Coastal Fringe Districts in the Western Region of Ghana,” Institute for Development Studies, University of Cape Coast, Draft Report, December, 2010.
- Book Review: Michael Amoah, Reconstructing the Nation in Africa: The Politics of Nationalism in Ghana, Tauris Academic Series, London & New York, 2007, International Affairs, Vol. 83, No. 3, 2007, p. 608.
Awards and Honors
- Senior Fulbright Scholar, Council for International Exchange of Scholars (2011)
- Hearing Committee Member, Board of Bar Overseers of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Boston, MA., (2010-2013)
- Chair and Member Ph. D. & MA Thesis Committees, LPS and Political Science Department, Northeastern University, Boston (1989-Present )