Names, addresses, contact information, and affiliation of all inventors
Date of disclosure
1. Login to Inventor Portal
Go to the Center for Research Innovation Inventor Portal website and enter your username and password.
2. Navigate the Inventor Portal
Once logged in you will see your Dashboard which lists recent activities related to your Invention Disclosures. There is a menu on the left hand side to navigate the Inventor Portal.
Left Side Menu
Dashboard – Allows you to see current disclosure activity
Disclosures – See the status of all invention disclosures on which you are listed as an inventor
Add New Disclosure – Submit a new disclosure
Edit Profile – Edit your user information
Click Add New Disclosure tab. Fill out the title and then click Create New Disclosure.
Once you enter the title you will be directed to fill out the disclosure. All questions marked with an asterisk (*) are required before you submit the disclosure for review. No disclosure will be reviewed until it is fully complete and submitted. NOTE: Click “Save as Draft” often as the site does not autosave.
In addition to filling out the questions you must add related documents to your disclosure. Multiple sections may require you to upload documents, such as a fully detailed technical description of your invention. All documents can be uploaded in Section 3. Click Upload Document to browse your computer for the documents. There is no limit to the number of files you can add to this section. If your files are larger than 10 MB please email them to email@example.com.
1. The person filling in the disclosure will automatically be added as an inventor.
2. To add additional inventors, click the Add Inventor button. You will be prompted to search our database of inventors to check if their profile already exists. If so, please use the existing profile.
3. If your inventor is not found you will be prompted to add a new contact.
4. Fill in all related information about the inventor. You must include their email and home address.
5. Once you add the inventor profile you will be prompted to edit the inventor information related to this invention.
6. Once complete click Save Changes.
Click Add Funding. You will be prompted to search our funding institutions (federal, non-federal, foundation and industry, gift, etc.) to check if a record already exists in our system.
Once the invention disclosure is complete, click Submit for Review in the red box labeled “Draft” or at the bottom of the disclosure. Your invention disclosure will be reviewed for completeness and may be sent back to Draft status for additional information.
If you have any additional comments or information to add after your Invention Disclosure has been submitted, add them in the Remarks Section.