Do I have to take a separate course for each requirement?
Because the NUpath requirements are competency based and not course based, a single course can count for up to two of the following requirements:
- Natural and Designed World,
- Creative Expression and Innovation,
- Interpreting Culture,
- Formal and Quantitative Reasoning,
- Societies and Institutions,
- Analyzing and Using Data,
- Differences and Diversity, and
- Ethical Reasoning
The 3 additional requirements (Writing Intensive in the Major, Capstone, and Experiential) are not limited. So, for example, a course may have 2 out of the first list (like Differences and Diversity and Societies and Institutions), and ALSO be writing intensive and experiential.