This classic 1920s hotel, located in the heart of scenic Brooklyn Heights, in located one subway stop from Manhattan. The St. George, once a destination for celebrities and athletes, now houses more than 800 students and interns from around the world. The Weller Building (single bedrooms) is connected to the St. George, and the accommodations consist of a single bedroom with a bathroom in the room, cable TV, and Internet access.
"Looking back, living at the St. George (Northeastern student housing in Brooklyn Heights) could not have been a better decision. Brooklyn Heights, and the surrounding neighborhoods of Dumbo, Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn Bridge Park, etc. are all extremely vibrant and fun areas to live and walk around in. In terms of commuting, the 2/3 train runs right underneath the building (with the 4/5 and R trains nearby) and you’re only one stop from Manhattan! I worked Downtown and had a much shorter commute than my coworkers who lived in Midtown. The students were all friendly and the building was well-maintained. All in all I had a lovely experience at the St. George and would recommend it in the fullest!"
New York, NY
- Spring (January through April): TBD
- Summer I (May and June): TBD
*You will be billed through your Northeastern University account at the beginning of each of the semesters. The cost for the co-op term (full 6 months) is comparable to an NU on-campus rate and will be billed to your NU account as a housing charge. Rates are subject to change.*
NYC Housing: Northeastern University has a contract with Educational Housing Services. They manage the two locations we have in New York and have onsite security and staff. Co-op Connections handles all aspects of placement, billing, and Move-In/Move-Out.
- Located in the Weller (singles).
- FOUR rooms – 4 Single Rooms (4 Beds)
- The Weller: Single Rooms ONLY- One bed in room with a private bath (for NU students only)
- Each students will be provided with a bed, desk, dresser and closet
- There is a mini-fridge and a TV monitor with cable in each room
- All utilities are included such as heating, cooling, electricity, internet and cable
- Updated shared kitchen on main floor
- Five work station in kitchen including sink, microwave and full stove/oven
- Gym membership to Eastern Athletics Gym around the corner from building
- GUEST POLICY: You MUST sign in all overnight guests prior to stay. There is a $5.00 charge for all overnight guests. This money goes into an account for student programming.
- Easy access to Manhattan
- Located just one stop from Manhattan, at the Clark Street subway station (2 3 trains) on the IRT Broadway – Seventh Avenue Line
- Approximately a $15 cab ride to Midtown during off-peak hours
- Great Neighborhood
- Two college in area: Pace and the Art Institute of NYC
- Restaurants and retail stores
- Spring (January through April): TBD
- Summer I (May and June): TBD
DEPOSIT: (Must fill out application and submit to Co-op Connections before making deposit)
- $400 ($200 for each term)
- Student may transfer on-campus housing deposit if already made
- Deposit returned ONLY if student cancels in writing BEFORE the November 16th deadline (listed on the application). If student does not cancel in writing prior to the deadline, deposit and cost of ENTIRE term is charged to their account
For more information please contact Sonya Cottam (email@example.com) to set up an appointment
Applications and Payments
How do I apply?
You can attend a Beyond Boston Housing Workshop and/or make an appointment with Co-op Connections Staff. After completing this step, you can submit the Housing Application here. Once Co-op Connections has received the application the Director will give you deposit authorization.
How much is the housing deposit?
You are required to pay a $400 deposit when you submit your Beyond Boston Housing Application that will go towards the housing payment.
How will I be billed?
You will be billed to your NU account in the same manner as NU on-campus housing.
Can I transfer my on-campus housing deposit to a Beyond Boston Housing deposit?
Yes, but you should first contact the Co-op Connections Manager and she will walk you through the process.
If I decide not to live in the Beyond Boston Housing I applied for, or if I can’t get the Beyond Boston job I wanted, do I still have to pay for the room?
You must cancel your housing in writing with the Co-op Connections Manager 45 days prior to the official start date of the co-op term to avoid paying any housing fees. If you cancel within 45 days of the official start date of the co-op term you will be responsible for ALL 26 weeks of payment.
Can I move in early/ stay late?
Any early arrival/ late departure must be cleared by the Co-op Connections Manager.
How far away is Brooklyn Heights from Manhattan?
15 minutes on an express train.
How far away is the subway from St. George and the Weller?
The entrance is just steps away from the front door of the building.
Are the rooms furnished?
Yes. Each room is furnished with a twin-sized bed, desk, and dresser for each student. However, you are responsible for bringing your own linens.
Is there a kitchen in the room?
No. Each room is equipped with a full-size refrigerator and there is a brand new communal kitchen on the first floor.
Is there a bathroom in the room?
Yes. You have your own bathroom.
Do I have to pay for cable or internet?
Cable is already available in the room at no cost when you arrive. You do not have to pay for the internet. All you need to bring is an Ethernet (CAT5) cord to hook up your own computer. Wireless connection is available in the lounge area only.
Do I have to pay utilities?
No. Utilities are included in the cost of the room.
Who should I contact if something in the room is broken?
You should contact your residence staff. More information will be given to you upon check-in. If you are having trouble contacting your residence staff, email the Co-op Connections Manager for help.
Is there laundry in the building?
Yes. The laundry room is located in the lower level of the building. Machines are card-operated. In order to use the machines, you must first purchase a $5 card that you will reuse each time you do laundry. Each wash and dry costs $2 each.
Is there a fitness center?
Yes. You are welcome to use the Eastern Athletic Club free of charge. You must sign up during the enrollment period at the beginning of each semester.
Is there anything I am not allowed to bring?
A list of prohibited items is available in the St. George Residence Guide.
Who should I contact if something in my room is broken?
You should contact your residence staff.
Who should I contact in an emergency?
In an emergency, you should call 911.
What is the guest policy?
Guest policies are stated in the St. George Residence Guide.