Employer in Residence (EIR) is an engagement opportunity that is informative to both organizations and students.
- Engage with students to inform your full time and internship recruiting and refine your approach.
- Expand your brand recognition and student interest in your industry and organization as a potential career path, similar to an information session.
- Present yourself and your organization in a mentoring role, offering advice on issues that may not be directly related to your organization, such as career options, resumes, and interviewing tips.
An EIR can be a one time or recurring visit one-on-one with a student here in Stearns Center where we will offer you a private office with a phone (and laptop, if needed) for a pre-scheduled time between 8:30 am – 5 pm. Time commitments can be tailored to maximize the benefits to students and employers. Your involvement can be anywhere between 2 hours on 1 day or for 3 consecutive months to a full day every week of the school year. You are not required to be actively recruiting for a specific position that has been posted on NUcareers to schedule an EIR. There is no fee for EIR.
- Students can either sign up for a meeting time with you via NUcareers ahead of time (so you can anticipate your schedule for the day) or, on the day of, in person as a walk-in or via NUcareers on a first-come, first served basis.
- Meeting lengths vary but are typically 15 or 20 minutes long.
- All Northeastern students are welcome to sign up for an Employer in Residence opportunity, as these meetings, unlike recruiting interviews, are not specific to hiring for a particular job posting.
Virtual Employer in Residence Visits
Virtual visits are a great way to connect with students in a meaningful way if you are unable to make it to campus, or if Northeastern students are away on co-op or at one of our graduate campuses.
Reservation To reserve space for an Employer in Residence program, submit the Employer in Residence form via NUcareers. For additional information contact Employer Engagement and Career Design at email@example.com or call 617-373-6548.