Apply to Be a Fellow.
Massachusetts Promise Fellows dedicate a year of service to build their leadership skills and make a difference in the lives of young people across Massachusetts. Through the supportive network of the Fellowship, individuals develop their leadership style and gain hands-on experience as they develop their organizational and communication skills.
*Applications for 2018-2019 will be LIVE March 2018.
- $15,500 taxable living allowance
- Free courses at Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies and course discounts upon program completion
- Health Insurance
- Over 200 hours of leadership, social justice, and youth development training
- $5,900 Education Award
- Loan forbearance
- Monthly travel allowance
- Career coaching
- Professional development opportunities with the Fellow Alumni Mentoring program and Non-Profit Leadership Institute
“I truly would be in a completely different place if I had not had the Massachusetts Promise Fellowship take such a prominent role in my life. As both a youth served by Fellows and a member of the Fellowship, I have been exposed to opportunities that I would not have had otherwise. The Fellowship stretched and guided me in so many ways. I’m grateful for the support that helped me serve my community and grow.”
—Julie Balasalle, Massachusetts Promise Fellow, Class VII
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain progress on short- and long-term goals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Positive and solutions-oriented attitude
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An interest in and commitment to national and community service
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional and mature
- Open to engaging in an intentional learning community
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Permanent Resident Alien
- Must be willing to undergo a National Service Criminal History Check, including screenings through the National Sex Offender Public Website, a name-based search of the statewide criminal history registry both in Massachusetts and your state of residence upon application to our program (if not Massachusetts), and a fingerprint based FBI check.
*Eligibility to participate in MPF is contingent on the results of this screening