Boston Scores is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Boston youth with team-based after school programs that foster their health & well-being, academic achievement, and civic engagement. Boston Scores operates 32 after-school soccer & academic teams at public schools across the City of Boston, serving over 1,500 at-risk students each year.
The 2018 Events & Fundraising Intern will gain essential experience and skills in event management and fundraising while working alongside our Development team to stage our largest fundraisers. Reporting to our Development and Events Manager, the Events and Fundraising Intern will assist with planning and execution of fundraising events including our Spring and Fall Gala events, Scores Cup soccer tournament, and various other donor cultivation events.
Key Learning Areas may include but are not limited to:
• Strategic Planning. Opportunity to attend Event Committee meetings with our board members and top
executives from major Boston firms
• Event Logistics. Work with vendors on bids, order sheets, inventory, and checklists
• Fundraising Platforms. Gain experience with online fundraising platforms
• Database management. Build and manage databases for participants, donors, vendors, and event logistics
• Project Management. Learn how to use project management software to collaborate with cross-departmental
stakeholders on a major project
• Networking. Collaborate and participate in meetings with our Official Host Partner, the New England Revolution
of Major League Soccer, as well as with donors, board members, and partners.
The Events and Fundraising Internship requires a minimum commitment of 120 hours between January and June. The number of weeks and hours worked per week are flexible and negotiable.
Course Credit & Related Considerations:
• This is an unpaid internship. We will work with internship candidates to ensure that the internship structure meets
course credit requirements.
• Convenient public transit access in Jamaica Plain on the MBTA Orange Line
• Work environment is supportive and collegial with business casual dress standards
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Duties may include work that requires physical exertion such as lifting boxes, soccer goals & other equipment
• Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Angela Figurido: email@example.com.
29 Germania Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Community Development & Outreach
Sports & Athletics
Spring: January - April
Summer 1: May - June
Summer 2: July - August