Since 1993, Check-In volunteers have provided information and referrals, along with a sensitive and caring ear, to AIDS Action Committee’s clients, helping to maintain a strong connection between clients and staff members.
Volunteers complement our services by helping clients work through problems and encouraging successes. Volunteers report feeling very connected to their work and enjoy the warm and supportive team atmosphere.
Volunteers must be able to:
• Commit to a Tuesday or Wednesday evening shift of up to 3 hours
• Provide a consistent, caring connection by phone for people living with HIV/AIDS
• Develop relationships with a set roster of clients over time
• Converse with clients in a compassionate, non-judgmental fashion
• Provide referrals and information on agency services or outside resources, as needed
• Record interactions with clients in agency database with accuracy and objectivity
• Work with Program Coordinator to expedite services for clients with critical or emergent needs
Contact William Roche, Check-In Coordinator
AIDS Action Committee
75 Amory Street
Boston, MA 02119