With appropriate clothing and basic essentials from the free in-school store, kids are empowered to stay in school and have access to the resources they need to succeed. Catie’s Closet accepts donations of new and gently used clothing for kids ages 4 to 18, along with new undergarments and toiletries. Since 2010, Catie’s Closet has helped over 42,000 students in 72 schools and plans to expand nationwide to help more students across the country.
The Ambassador program college students who are passionate about the mission of Catie’s Closet. Ambassadors volunteer their time by hosting a clothing drive at their school and raising awareness and funds to support the organization. By making a commitment to support fellow students in need, Ambassadors help to build a movement of kids helping kids, one school at a time.
The Ambassador is a minimum one-year position that includes:
• Working with your institution to host a clothing and funds drive at least once per year
• Advocate for the importance of providing clothes and basic essentials to students in need by representing the Catie’s Closet brand: sharing the mission and work of the organization through social media, your network and events, etc.
• Communicate with Catie’s Closet staff to organize events and provide updates on your efforts as an Ambassador
• Volunteer at our Distribution Center once per semester
• Submit a letter of recommendation from your college/university
Email Bethany@catiescloset.org with a short description of why you are interested in becoming a Catie’s Closet Ambassador and a letter of recommendation.
63 Sprague Street
Boston, MA 02136
TagsActivism & Advocacy
Community Development & Outreach
Academic Year: September - April
Back Bay/South End
Outside of Boston