The Massachusetts Promise Fellowship believes that all young people in the Commonwealth have a right to the resources they need to be successful in life, including a caring adult, a safe place, a healthy start, an effective education, and an opportunity to serve. We deliver these 5 promises by training emerging leaders who commit one year of service to support and provide these resources to youth throughout the Commonwealth.
Fellows meet vital needs by leading out-of-school time programs for youth in grades 6-12 in low-income communities across the Commonwealth. Collectively, our Fellows have contributed 800,000 hours of service to young people since 2000. On an annual basis, Fellows serve 3,000 young people from low-income families by providing out-of-school time programs focused on academic enrichment and college readiness. Apply here!
Investment in Fellows
- Over 170 hours of professional development
- Opportunity to pursue free coursework at Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies (undergraduate or graduate)
- 25% course discount at Northeastern University’s College of Professional Studies following the completion of the program
- MPF is committed to bringing together a diverse group of Fellows each year to build community through reflection, dialogue, and training. Each year, an average of five AmeriCorps Fellows hired by MPF participated in a youth program led by one of our Fellows when they were in high school. These Fellows were inspired to give back to their communities by the Fellows that served them.
- 36% of corps members are serving their home communities
- 69% of Fellows identify as non-white
- 42% of corps members are first generation college students
- 15 corps members speak 2 or more languages
Advance your Career
MPF’s training curriculum, networking opportunities, and career coaching provides our Fellows with the opportunity to increase their leadership development and gain meaningful skills needed for careers in the education and non-profit sectors. On average, 25% of Fellows are hired by their host site (non-profit organization, city agency, or school) for full-time employment following their year of service.
Click here to download the 2019-2020 recruitment flyer!