Service-Learning Team Manager Program
The Service-Learning Team Manager (S-LTM) program is designed to offer an advanced leadership opportunity to previous S-LTAs while allowing us to scale the S-LTA program effectively. S-LTMs manage a cohort of 3-8 peer S-LTAs and act as their primary advisor and mentor. As an extension of the S-L staff, S-LTMs are able to act as a liaison between S-LTAs and S-L staff, facilitate trainings, and be an advocate for Service-Learning at Northeastern.
In addition to being an S-LTA, S-LTMs commit to the following responsibilities:
- Complete training before the semester starts
- Specialized training and support from S-L staff throughout the semester
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly meeting with S-L staff
- Fulfill mid-semester and final check-in with S-L staff
- Manage a cohort of 3-8 S-LTAs
- Facilitate weekly meetings with their group of S-LTAs (during off-weeks of full group meetings)
- Address issues that arise for S-LTAs with their students/partners
- Act as a liaison between their group of S-LTAs and S-L staff
- Must be a returning S-LTA
- Must be an S-LTA concurrent to this position
- Must attend S-LTM training with other students to participate in the program
Team Managers are selected each semester by the Director and Assistant Director of Service-Learning. We give consideration to all returning S-L student leaders each semester and invite those who have demonstrated their potential for an advanced leadership position, represent diverse academic areas, and have demonstrated a deep understanding of the philosophies and principles of service-learning and community engagement.