Service-Learning Street Team
The Service-Learning Street Team is the newest student leadership opportunity in the S-L Program. This team of trailblazers focuses on two primary areas, (1) accompanying S-L students to their orientation or first day of service while providing an asset-based perspective of our communities, and (2) extending the marketing and outreach capacity of the S-L Program both on campus, in the community, and through social media.
Applications for Spring 2019 are now being accepted through Wednesday, November 7th!
Street Team members can expect to spend 3-7 hours per week on the following responsibilities, and additional tasks as they arise:
- Training & Center of Community Service Support
- Complete Street Team training before semester starts (online)
- Attend weekly S-L student leader meetings on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm
- Collaborate with other S-L program members as needed
- Community Tours & Orientations
- Introduce S-L students to the communities with which they will be serving by leading small and large groups of S-L students to their community partner orientations
- Facilitate community tours using an asset-based community development perspective
- Marketing & Outreach
- Assist with marketing of Service-Learning Program events – e.g. Service-Learning EXPO
- Create original marketing and outreach materials for the newsletter, social media, and the S-LOG
- Attend campus events where the Service-Learning Program has a presence – e.g. volunteer fairs
Generate innovative ways to engage the Service-Learning Program in campus and community spaces where there is not a current relationship or partnership
- Previous service-learning and/or substantial service experience in Boston required
- Able to work collaboratively with peers
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Enthusiasm for Service-Learning
- Flexibility and creativity
- Must be at least 2nd-semester student
Students are able to be compensated through one of the following:
- $500 stipend
- work-study (if eligible)
- volunteer (including CEP hours)
Applications for Spring 2019 are due on Monday, November 5th.
- Read through the Street Team responsibilities and expectations.
- Submit an online application and upload your resume here.
- If these materials indicate a good fit, candidates will be contacted for a group or phone interview with our team.