Alternative Spring Break (ASB) is a weeklong immersive living and volunteering experience. Through meaningful action, reflection, and education, volunteers engage in direct service that addresses a critical, social issue. Service areas include affordable housing, disaster relief, youth education, animal care, sustainable food, and more. Volunteers have a chance to explore the culture and history of the area, participate in orientation and training programs, build leadership skills, and develop strong friendships with other team members.
This year the Center of Community Service will sponsor 10 ASB trips and will be partnering with the following organizations:
- American Hiking Society: Location TBD – Environmental Conservation
- Best Friends Animal Society: Kanab, UT – Animal Rescue & Advocacy
- Capital Area Therapeutic Riding Association: Grantville, PA – Equine Therapy
- Cleveland Leadership Center: Cleveland, Oh – LGBTQIA Community Resources & Advocacy
- Project Cure: West Grove, PA – Public Health
- Saguaro National Park: Tucson, AZ – Environmental Conservation
- Outreach 360: Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic – Education
- Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children: Killeen, TX – Special Needs Education
- Plenitud: Las Marias, Puetro Rico – Organic Agriculture
- Wine to Water: Santiago, Dominica Republic – Clean Water Access
Click here for more information on the ASB program and to learn more about the organizations and host communities we will be working with in March 2019!
To get the latest updates, be sure to follow us!
Facebook: Northeastern ASB