Welcome, Huskies! We’re excited that you’re interested in engaging with the Boston community during your time at Northeastern. We’ve put together a list of opportunities that are open to and of frequent interest to incoming students so you can jump right in.
- Apply to the year-long program NU|ACES that includes a week-long immersive experience before classes start and commit to weekly service throughout the school year. Applications open June 5th and will close on July 24th. All incoming first-years will receive an email in early June with application instructions.
- Take a service-learning course in your major or as an elective where service and community engagement is integrated into your academic coursework. Talk to you advisor to register for one of these 50+ courses!
- Apply to be a Jumpstart Corps Member and engage with local pre-school students and teachers
- Engage in service with a team of peers on a consistent weekly basis through with the Husky Volunteer Team. Applications will open in September.
- Travel to do service domestically or abroad with Alternative Spring Break. Applications will open in September
Come talk to us at the Student Activities Fair during your Orientation. We’ll have a table in front of the Snell Library steps. Parents, we’ll also be at the Orientation Service Express.
If you’re interested in exploring service opportunities across Boston on your own, we recommend attending our annual Fall Volunteer Fair on Friday, September 13th or looking through our Service Finder at any time throughout the year.