Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy
Designed for practicing physical therapists, the transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is an innovative, 100% online program. Integrating art and science, as well as professional and experiential education, the degree curriculum provides you with the necessary knowledge base for today’s doctorally prepared practitioners.
Core courses within this physical therapy doctoral program include differential diagnosis and medical screening, diagnostic imaging, pharmacology, nutrition, and motor control. The capstone course, Comprehensive Case Analysis, is a culmination of all work within the transitional DPT curriculum. Students will prepare a comprehensive and publishable case report or other scholarly work in partial fulfillment of the requirement for a transitional DPT degree.
The transitional DPT also includes concentrations in a variety of areas such as orthopedics, pediatrics, geriatrics, advanced nutrition, women’s health, education, and business management. If you have a unique concentration interest, you may also complete a directed study on a preapproved topic of your choosing.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to competently screen patients for musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular and pulmonary, and integumentary conditions, interpret clinical findings, and make sound clinical judgments
- Evaluate the clinical interpretation of various medical imaging techniques, including plain film radiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and computerized tomography
- Write, refine, and analyze a comprehensive and publishable case report that addresses the patient/client management model, clinical decision-making processes, and resource utilization
- Examine current motor control concepts, along with state-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Review advanced pharmacologic management concepts, including the interrelationship between pharmacologic management and physical therapy interventions
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.