Doctor of Education
The Doctor of Education (EdD) program offers a rich, dynamic learning experience—one that blends critical engagement with theory, practice, and research.
Providing innovative and engaging opportunities, our EdD further cultivates the skills and knowledge necessary to effect meaningful change in your organization. As a Doctor of Education student, you will collaborate with an accomplished group of fellow practitioners, exposing you to global perspectives and strengthening your ability to think critically about today’s educational challenges.
Students will complete most EdD coursework online with an additional required on-campus residency. Note: Completion of this program does not guarantee teacher or administrator licensure in North Carolina public schools. Candidates should contact their local school administrative offices and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction regarding specific initial and advanced licensure requirements.
- Develop a broad understanding of scholarly approaches to education and education reform
- Learn methods for researching and analyzing critical practice-based issues
- Conduct a doctoral research study that investigates a compelling educational challenge
- Develop the competencies, dispositions, and values required to pursue educational reform, based on a commitment to social justice
- Examine research and study across a variety of postsecondary education settings, including community and four-year colleges and for-profit organizations
- Obtain a strong foundation in leadership, communications, and strategy
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.