Guide to Employer Engagement and Career Design for Northeastern Faculty and Staff
Employer Engagement and Career Design Helps
- First- and second-year students who need help changing/choosing a major or finding internships
- Juniors and seniors seeking after-graduation jobs or applying to graduate school and fellowships
- Graduate students seeking internships and after-graduation jobs
- Any student or alumnus/a who needs career-related help
Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
- Career Studio
The Career Studio, located on the first floor of Stearns Center, is a welcoming space where you can envision, design & navigate your career. You can drop-in for a few minutes to have a quick conversation, sit down at a computer to apply for jobs & internships or get feedback and assistance with your resume, cover letter & LinkedIn profile. Feel free to bring your laptop.
We can also help with:
· Salary Negotiation
· Networking Strategy
· Career Fair Prep
· Personal Statements
· Major & Career Exploration
Open Daily no appointment needed! M-Th 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM, F 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Please Consider Referring
- A student that is trying to decide which major is best for him/her.
- The student who likes his/her major, but doesn’t know what to do with it.
- A student who wants help figuring out what kind of job is right for him/her.
- Any graduating student who wants to conduct an effective after-graduation job search.
- A student heading to graduate school who wants feedback on personal statements, or who wants to take a FREE practice graduate school test.
How Students Make Appointments
To make an appointment, students should use myNEU and click on the Employer Engagement and Career Design tab. Click on Career Counselor Appointments and select Career Counseling Advisor from the drop-down menu. Students should schedule an appointment with the first available staff member.
Request a Class or Student Group Presentation
Employer Engagement and Career Design staff is available to speak to classes, residence halls, and student groups/organizations.
Deadline for Requests
We try to accommodate all speaker requests, but high demand for speakers means that requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the desired speaking date.
Requests may be made for Monday-Friday, up until 7:00 p.m.
To submit requests please email completed forms to email@example.com.
A few days after your request is submitted you will receive an email confirming that a speaker has been scheduled. Your assigned speaker will contact you to coordinate details of the event.