Whether you're enrolled at a Northeastern graduate campus or are on co-op out of state or abroad, Employer Engagement and Career Design offers many resources for distance learners at all stages of their career development, job search, and career management process. Give yourself the extra competitive edge by taking advantage of many of the same services our Boston-area students utilize.
Services range from:
- One-on-One Career Counseling to help with topics such as Choosing a Major, Concentration, or Career
- Connect with Employers through NUcareers, Career Fairs, On-Campus Recruiting, and Employer in Residence
- Select workshops offered virtually. Please register on NUcareers
- Graduate School Resources and Fellowships including developing your CV or resume or personal statement
- Exploring Careers through on-line resources, and also view our Career Guides
- Job and Internship assistance including: Resumes, Cover Letters, Job Search Strategy, Building a Network, Preparing for Interviews, and Negotiating Salary
Career Counseling Appointments for Distance Learners
Trying to decide on your choice of major, concentration or career? Contact 617-373-2430 to arrange a Skype or telephone appointment. Once you have your appointment, you'll be directed to call into the individual counselor's phone number at the specified date and time. We ask for 48 hour notice of an appointment cancellation. We can help with any career-related issue and can also discuss your self-assessment results through Skype or telephone appointment. Are you coming to the Boston area on a business trip or for vacation? Please contact us in advance for an in-person appointment.
Are You Already in a Career and Rethinking your Career Choice?
- Assess yourself, explore career options, decide what is best
- Make an action plan to implement your change - be the change you want to see happen!
- Consider graduate school
- Think through and manage a work or career problem