International Job Guide
- This site has some of everything--study abroad, language schools, international internships (paid and volunteer), international volunteer programs, teaching jobs, international employment, and eco-adventures
- Information on preparation for finding and applying for international jobs
- Lots of links to other university international career services websites and other internship/volunteer oriented websites
- Frequently asked questions, along with information about how to prepare yourself to begin looking for international jobs, internships, volunteer experience, international research, etc.
- International job options, including various types of internships, short-term paid work, volunteering, and teaching abroad programs
- Exam that qualifies previously inexperienced students to teach English
Trinity College London (TESOL):
- Another exam that qualifies previously inexperienced people to teach English to non-English speakers
- Program coordinated by the Japanese government, that seeks to promote Japanese culture while offering positions teaching English, assisting in sports training or a coordinator for international relations.
- Japanese proficiency is not required
- Awards grants to students to pursue their studies, research or teaching English abroad
- Provides advice on teaching and working abroad
- Provides tips and pointers on teaching English as a second language
- Specializes in teaching jobs in Asia
- Site has a job board that has jobs posted for teaching jobs in various locations
- Helps students find teaching positions across Europe and Asia
- Helps students find teaching positions in China
- Helps student find English teaching positions abroad
- Provides several links to other agencies that offer job placement and fellowships, particularly in Germany
- Many agencies tend to be targeted to professionals and graduate-level students.
- Program fees vary depending on location, but most have a $500 placement fee.
- Volunteer World is a search engine with a wealth of information for volunteer opportunities abroad.
- Volunteer World does not offer services to students directly, just information.
- Programs are short-term, lasting from 2 to 3 weeks, and cost on average $300
- Offer opportunities in many different countries, you can search for programs based on location or type of work involved
- Has an extensive search engine of various volunteer opportunities from every region of the world for any desired length of time
- Offers opportunities to teach English in several countries, as well as the ability to work on conservation projects like the Sea Turtle Rescue in Guatemala, the Desert Elephant project in Namibia among many other things.
- Programs tend to be shorter in length (generally 2 to 3 weeks long)
- Costs vary but start at about $1,000 for a two week program.
- The ultimate volunteer resource for Americans
- It’s a US government organization, which offers the most diverse programs to teach English abroad, as well as building infrastructure, working on health projects, improving technology and many other things
- All programs are 27 months long, so you must be committed to the program and have graduated from college
- Similar to the Peace Corps, the UNV is the United Nations’ volunteer organization
- Specialize in everything from agricultural, educational, environmental, or health concerns
- Assignments generally last from 6 to 12 months, and tend to be geared towards people with professional experience
Short Term Work Abroad
- Provides authorization to work in several different countries (Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada), as well as providing you with assistance on finding a job and living accommodations once you arrive in the country.
- Allows you to work for up to a year.
- Offers listings for international jobs, which vary in specialization
- Assembles lists of job openings from many different international organizations located domestically and internationally
- Provides useful links about how to get a work visa in every country
- One of the most useful international job websites
- Has thousands of international job postings in almost every country
- A really helpful site for locating job opportunities on a country-by-country basis
- Provides other useful job search info as well
- Offers job openings in many different locations around the world.
- Offers hundreds of job postings at many international organizations located abroad and in the United States