Applying to Graduate School and Fellowships
Watch our webinar titled How to Prepare for and Apply to Graduate School (available on NUCareers under Career Development Resources) and read Graduate School 101 to learn how to research and evaluate schools, understand the application process, create timelines for applying, discover tips and tricks for getting in and resources for financing your degree.
- Workshops on Applying to Law, Business and other Professional schools
- Writing your Personal Statement-workshops and individual assistance are available to help you brainstorm, organize and edit this all-important essay
- Free Practice Test Events-sponsored by Kaplan and Princeton Review are offered each semester to provide you an opportunity to practice your graduate school test before your scores actually count!
Northeastern Pre-Professional School Planning:
- Law School for Northeastern’s pre-law advising program, please call Career Development at 617-373-2430 to book an appointment
- Medical, Dental, Podiatry, Optometry and Veterinary schools for Northeastern’s pre-health advising program - see also our interview guide.
- U.S News rankings
- Forté Foundation
- Law School Admission Council
- Association of American Medical Schools
- Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- American Dental Education Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
What is a Fellowship?
A fellowship is a monetary reward offered by an institution, foundation or other organization to support academic work, research or specialized training in areas of particular interest to the granting organization. Check out our guide to Fellowship Resources.
Where Can I Find Out More Information on Fellowships?
The Nationally Competitive Fellowships & Scholarships website links you to the Northeastern campus office in charge of supporting and managing applications for nationally and internationally competitive fellowships and scholarships.
Many students decide to do a Gap Year after graduation as a way to explore potential careers and build new skills, have a travel experience, do meaningful volunteer work or just have an adventure!
For more information on how to find a gap year experience go to: Gap Year Resources