To achieve success, businesses and organizations rely on leaders—outstanding individuals who are adept at leading teams, making difficult decisions, and effecting change. Specifically designed to help you develop the skills required to assume a future leadership position, this innovative undergraduate program includes courses in psychology, writing, negotiation, finance, ethical decision making, logic, and organizational behavior. To help you put your knowledge into practice, the program features a leadership practicum, a structured consulting experience in which you work with an organization or conduct an applications-oriented research study that tackles a relevant leadership issue.
|Office Manager||Labor Relations Specialist|
|Customer Service Manager||Labor Organizer|
|Corporate Trainer||Non-Profit Administrator|
|Computer Training Specialist||Non-Profit Director|
|Job Training Specialist||Sales Manager|
|Management Development Specialist||District Sales Manager|
|Trainer||Regional Sales Manager|
|Training Coordinator||Sales Supervisor|
|Training Specialist||General Manager|
|E-Learning Developer||Sales and Marketing Vice President|
|Technical Trainer||Sales Representative|
|Human Resources Assistant||Store Manager|
|Human Resources Specialist|
Positions that may require additional education, training or licensing are indicated by an (*). Job qualifications are based not only on degree program, but on skills and experience. Students should seek out as many experiential opportunities in their fields of interests as possible, including co-op and internships.
This is a limited sample of employers who have posted jobs on NUcareers; please note, that they may not currently have positions posted.
|General Electric||United Technologies Corporate|
|Rexel Holdings USA|
Leadership opportunities are available in every industry; this is only a small sample:
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MassCIS – Massachusetts Information System
- O*NET Online
- Vocational Biographies(username: NE Univ; password: RAZDE)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Career Development Videos
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 1
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 2
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 3
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 4
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 5
- Career Conversation: Careers in Non-Profit 6
- Careers in Tech Startups
- Leadership Development Programs, Part 1
- Leadership Development Programs, Part 2
Websites for Job Search
Campus Organizations and Activities
- Council for University Programs
- Lead 360
- Resident Student Organization
- Student Government Association
For additional student organizations click here.
For additional student involvement opportunities click here.
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- Future Business Leaders of America
- Human Resources Professionals Association
- National Association of Sales Professionals
- Non-Profit Leadership Alliance
- Sales and Marketing Professional Organization
- Society for Human Resources Management
Sample industry specific LinkedIn groups and Twitter handles. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings and networking opportunities. Visit the Social Media and LinkedIn pages for more information on how to leverage your social media network.