Become a Career Fellow!
- Do you have a passion for helping others achieve their potential?
- Do you enjoy sharing advice and stories about your own career journey?
- Would you like to enhance your professional skills while empowering your peers to do the same?
Career Development is looking for students interested in serving in a leadership role as a Career Fellow. Training and supervision will be provided. Students who can work thorough the academic year are preferred.
- Mentor and advise your peers on resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing, and navigating online resources in NUCareers
- Serve as ambassadors for Career Development and market programs to students, academic departments, residence halls, and student organizations
- Staff the newly-created Career Lab for drop-in student support
- Promote Career Development services at various outreach events across campus
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and training of new Career Fellows
- Provide support at staff and employer-facing events and assist with projects, as needed
- Gain exclusive access to a network of employers, alumni, and academic partners to build connections for future professional opportunities
- Receive detailed industry insight into how to polish your personal portfolio of job application materials (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile)
- Develop and grow your own career goals and build competencies in professional communication, networking, coaching and mentoring, organization and planning, leadership and time management with the support from a supervisor
- Assume a leadership role on campus and serve on a hard-working team of colleagues and peers in a dynamic work environment
- Acquire a professional reference and possible LinkedIn recommendation
- Undergraduate Junior, Senior, or Graduate student with co-op/internship/work experience
- Self-driven and independent
- Ability to function competently in a team environment
- Available for training and all Career Fellow meetings (Dates to be provided during interview process)
How to apply:
Please fill out the online application, due Sunday, March 18th by 11:59 PM. You will be required to upload your resume, cover letter highlighting your interest in becoming a Fellow, and 3 references.
Questions? Email: Career.Fellow.NEU@gmail.com