Spring 2018 Engineering &Technology Career Fair Information
If you have general questions about your career fair registration, contact: Marlene Amato, Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org; 617-373-2433
DATE & TIME:
Thursday, February 1st | 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. | Cabot Gym (building 41 on our campus map).Cabot Gym on Google Maps (click me)
PARKING – PLEASE READ NEW POLICY
There will be NO ON CAMPUS PARKING for this career fair. We strongly encourage the use of PUBLIC, TAXI, & RIDE-SHARE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES. If you plan to drive to the event, there are a few parking garages near Northeastern (Renaissance Garage, Gainsborough Garage, Museum of Fine Arts Garage, Westland Garage, & Christian Science Garage) that you will have to pay to utilize. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
SECURITY. All employers entering the career fair venue will be SUBJECT TO BAG CHECKS. This means both personal bags and career fair-related materials. Please plan for anticipated delays in entry (the fair officially starts at 11:00am).
REGISTRATION, PAYMENT and POLICIES:
If you have an NUcareers account:
Login to your account and register for the Career Fair by clicking here.
If you are a new employer and DO NOT have an NUcareers account:
Please register on NUcareers by clicking here. Fill out the registration form and a password will be emailed to you.
Once you receive your password you will be able to login and register for the Career Fair.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS BY CREDIT CARD ONLY.
REGISTRATION NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED IN FULL.
Registration cancellation deadline is Thursday, January 18th. Any cancellations after January 18th will not be refunded.
The standard registration package is $550 and includes:
- Admission for 2 representatives
- One 6’ table, electrical connection, and lunch.
Additional registration charges include: More than 2 representatives per table will result in an additional table and a $150 charge.
Forms of Payment: Credit Card only
Payment by Credit Card: Please log into NUcareers w/email address used during registration.
- Go to ‘my orders’ on your dashboard, click the row showing outstanding balance
- Select ‘Pay by Credit Card’ in the pop up window
- Follow the on-screen prompts
If you cancel your registration after the Thursday January 18th deadline you will not be eligible for a refund.
WHEN TO ARRIVE TO NORTHEASTERN:
Plan to arrive no later than 10:00 a.m. to set up your booth/table and allow time to have lunch (provided by Northeastern, starting at 10:30 a.m.).
HOW TO POST JOBS PRIOR TO THE FAIR:
We recommend posting your available full-time or internship openings online two weeks prior to the fair. Postings can be seen by our undergraduate and graduate students, and also by alumni who graduated less than 4 years ago. The best way for you to post jobs is through NUcareers. Posting two weeks prior to the fair will help your company/organization build awareness and attract interested students.
- Click the “Post a New Job” link.
- When the “Post a New Job” window appears, click “Career Development Job Postings”
- Enter the information about the job you’re posting, then click “Submit Posting for Approval”
Packages will be accepted at Northeastern starting on Wednesday, January 24th through Wednesday, January 31st. Please do not send any materials BEFORE Wednesday, January 24th.
Note: we will not assume responsibility for packages not properly packed or lost in transit.
Ship to: (include your company name on EACH crate/box):
c/o: (your company name) Career Fair
101 Stearns Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Materials to consider: (delivered to Northeastern by Wednesday, January 31st)
- Collateral for 500 people
- Packing tape and prepaid shipping labels
- Swag and other giveaways: wrapped candy may be given out, no other food items will be permitted.
- Space is limited at the fair. If a display is wider than 6 feet and encroaches on the space of another exhibitor, it will be prevented from being set up.
- 6 foot table, tablecloth, electrical
- 2 chairs, 8 ½ x 11 tabletop company sign and catered lunch
AFTER the fair shipping instructions:
You may ship packages back to your organization after the fair.
NOTE: ALL PACKAGES MUST BE LABELED CORRECTLY. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LABLING CRATES OR BOXES THAT DO NOT HAVE A NEW SHIPPING LABEL AND ARE NOT BROUGHT TO THE FEDEX/UPS SHIPPING AREA.
FedEx “Express” and UPS “Ground” – we require all packages have a NEW label for outbound shipping
If you use FedEx Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air or other courier, you must bring your own shipping labels and place on each package. We will also invoice your organization a $50 service charge in addition to whatever shipping costs you will incur from that carrier.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS
Orange line: Get off at the Ruggles T stop. You will come out on Forsyth Street. Walk towards Huntington Avenue, but don't cross over Huntington Ave. The Cabot Gym will be on your right and you will see signs for EMPLOYER REGISTRATION.
Green line: Get off at the Northeastern T Stop. You will be at the intersection of Huntington Ave. and Forsyth St. The Cabot Gym will be across the street – follow signs for EMPLOYER REGISTRATION.
HOTELS If you need a hotel close to Northeastern, click here. Mention you are inquiring about the Northeastern University rates.
To access NUwave-guest wireless networks:
- To register for a temporary NUwave-guest wireless account, you will need to register through the guest wireless portal registration page, providing your name, cellphone number and email address. Follow the instruction in How To Register for NUwave-guest access (click here)
- You will receive a text message containing your user name and password to be entered into the guest portal login page for network access, on up to three devices. Follow the directions.
- There is a 12-hour time limit for NUwave-guest connections. Once the allotted time expires, you will be required to re-register in order to receive a new password to continue to use the guest wireless network.