Education transforms lives. All kids can succeed when they get a great education.
Educational opportunities should not be determined by your family’s income or the neighborhood in which you live. That’s why Teach For America is developing a movement of leaders who will help drive change at every level of our education system toward the goal of closing the opportunity gap. These leaders start their paths as corps members who teach for two years in urban and rural high-need communities and help students make the academic progress that expands their opportunities. Deeply affected by their teaching experience, our alumni continue to advocate for students and build lasting change in many different roles and fields including the classroom, school leadership, policy, etc.
This year, 11,000 corps members are teaching in 48 regions across the country, while nearly 32,000 Teach For America alumni continue working from inside and outside the field of education for the changes necessary to make a great education a reality for all.
You have the power to change things - apply to the 2014 Teach For America corps. Full salary and benefits. Federal student loans may be deferred. All majors and career backgrounds.
Alexis Ivey ● Jack Chutchian ● Ronald Puerta ● Kelly Grant ● Alexis Tegtmeier ● Martha McMorran ● Disha Sharma ● Amirah Gibson ● Olivia Allen ● Jillian Wudarczyk ● Winnie Li ● Stan Phanord ● Ali Sturtevant ● Gloria Ojimba ● Megan Zinka ● Tina Manigo
To apply, you must submit 3 short answer questions, resume, and fill out personal information about your academic and extracurricular experiences. The application will only take about 2 hours and you won’t need transcripts, recommender information, or regional preference until later in the process.
For more information…
- Visit www.teachforamerica.org
- Contact Northeastern’s Recruitment Director, Joni Roberson Factor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact Northeastern’s student Campus Campaign Coordinators
- Amirah Gibson - email@example.com
- Olivia Allen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend an upcoming online webinar:
- The State of the Union Address and One Day (Feb. 11th, 6:30 p.m. EST) – Sign up here
- Journey into STEM and Education (Feb. 12th, 8:30 p.m. EST) – Sign up here
- Teach For America: A Career with Social Impact (Feb. 13th, 5 p.m. EST) – Sign up here
- The 2014 Corps: Why I Joined the Movement with Teach For America (Feb. 13th, 7:30 p.m. EST) – Sign up here