Cabot is home to the Husky athletics department as well as some other fine facilities. The Cabot Center also houses racquetball courts, Solomon Indoor Track, rowing tanks, a cardiovascular room, and Barletta Natatorium - an Olympic-size swimming facility.
Sports history had already occurred at the corner of Forsyth Street and Huntington Avenue long before the Cabot Center opened there in 1954. The building, named for beneficiary Godfrey Lowell Cabot in 1957, sits on the former site of the Huntington Avenue Grounds, where the first World Series was played in 1903 between Boston and Pittsburgh. Just outside the Cabot Center is a statue of Cy Young that commemorates the inaugural Fall Classic.