Counseling & Applied Educational Psychology
Counseling Psychology PHD Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission are expected to meet the following requirements:
- A master's degree in counseling psychology or related field (3.5 average preferred).
- Scores of 600 on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE preferred
- One year of related clinical experience
- Personal statement of goals and expectations
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least one academic recommendation
- Personal interview with faculty and current students
The Bouve faculty reviews your credentials to assess the likelihood of your successful completion of the program and your potential for contribution to the field of counseling psychology and the community at large.
Admission is based on the evaluation of demonstrated academic performance, academic aptitude, quality of recommendations, previous relevant experience, and your fit within our program.