To apply for admission to the MS in Bioinformatics program, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
1. Complete the online application: ApplyYourself.
2. Application fee ($75.00 USD)
3. Upload the following required materials to the Online Application:
- statement of purpose
- two letters of recommendation
4. Upload unofficial copies of transcripts from all institutions attended. Official transcripts are only required for admitted students and must be received within 30 days of matriculation. All students who attended an institution outside of the United States must provide official confirmation of the completion of a Bachelor’s degree. Transcripts must include certified English translation and be mailed directly to our office from the issuing institution in a stamped and sealed envelope.
5. Proof of English Proficiency from one of the following:
- Degree earned or in progress at a U.S. institution
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution whose medium of instruction is English.
- Official scores from either the TOEFL, IBT, IELTS, or PTE exam. A minimum TOEFL score of 90 is required, which is equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5.
6. Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Northeastern University College of Science
206 Mugar Life Sciences
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
7. GRE scores are not required.
For more detailed instructions please visit the College of Science graduate admissions website.
Once your application is complete, you will generally receive a decision within two weeks.
Deadlines and Options
U.S citizens or permanent residents can select any of the program options–Boston, Seattle, 100-percent online, full or part-time. We strongly advise you to apply at least 1 month prior to the start date of the program. To be considered for fall admission, please submit an application by August 25th. For spring admission, please submit an application by December 15th.
International students needing visa sponsorship must apply by June 1st for fall admission and October 1st for spring admission. This is an important guideline, as it will ensure that the visa processing forms are completed in a timely manner. International students needing visa sponsorship must apply to the Boston campus and attend classes full-time.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition in the 2017-18 academic year is $1,445 per credit hour. For more information visit our 2017-2018 Tuition Rates page.
For more information on loans, scholarships, and other types of financial aid, visit here.