San Francisco Satellite Campus
Northeastern opened its San Francisco Satellite Campus in early 2018. San Francisco is a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity. Northeastern offers programs that meet the Bay Area’s demand for professionals with real-world work experience and top education. Our location is embedded directly with WeWork in San Francisco, a co-working space for global companies to grow and innovate. This provides students the opportunity to build their network and gain industry knowledge directly from market experts and top-notch faculty. Students study in the heart of the Bay Area, surrounded by its innovation-driven cities that are home to startups and megacorporations alike.
Northeastern also offers short courses in science and technology for professionals working in San Francisco Bay Area that are looking for career advancement.
SAN FRANCISCO PROGRAMS
The MS in Biotechnology is an innovative, nonthesis graduate degree program. The curriculum of this Professional Science Master’s combines advanced interdisciplinary training in biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, and pharmaceutical science with the development of high-value business skills critical to success in today’s dynamic workplace. This program will be offered in San Francisco starting fall 2019.
Bioinformatics courses provide cross-disciplinary training in biology, computer science, and information technology—along with real-world experience. The program prepares graduates to play pivotal roles in today’s cutting-edge life science, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries focused on genomics, proteomics, personalized medicine, drug discovery, and cancer therapy. This program will be offered in San Francisco starting fall 2019.
Align provides a direct path to a Master in Computer Science for non-computer science majors and people without programming experience. As an Align student, you’ll take advantage of rigorous academic bridge courses that prepare you for master’s-level coursework.
The Master of Science in Computer Science program is for experienced professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge and expand their technology leadership responsibilities in organizations that design, develop, market, or utilize computing systems.
Not ready for a full master's degree?
BIOTECHNOLOGY GRADUATE CERTIFICATES
Certificates are targeted to those who want to advance their careers without getting a master’s degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology*: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals without a biotechnology background to obtain a strong foundation in basic biotechnology concepts and skills.
- Graduate Certificate in Experimental Biotechnology**: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals without a biotechnology background to obtain a strong foundation in lab-based, hands-on, biotechnology skills.
- Graduate Certificate in Molecular Biotechnology**: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals with an advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques and advanced protein structure analysis.
- Graduate Certificate in Process Sciences: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals with an advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of process development of biopharmaceuticals.
- Graduate Certificate in Biopharmaceutical Analytical Sciences: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals with an advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of state-of-the-art analyses of protein structures with focus on the characterization and quantification of proteins and variant derivatives.
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technologies: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals with an advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of the stages of drug and biopharmaceutical development. Two courses are offered in on-ground format only.
- Graduate Certificate in Regulatory Science*: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals, in particular regulators, to obtain a strong foundation in the science behind good regulatory practice today, specifically in relation to biopharmaceuticals.
- Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise*: Designed in response to a need in the biotechnology industry for individuals with a biotechnology background to obtain a strong foundation in the business aspects of biotechnology to help prepare for a more business-oriented role.
* This program can be taken completely online.
** This program can be taken on ground at the Boston campus, San Francisco campus, or online with an on-ground residency at the Boston campus or San Francisco campus required. To qualify for application, individuals must be eligible to study in the U.S. on a part-time basis.
For those looking to quickly gain new skills and knowledge, we offer the following industry-aligned short courses.
Explore the Bay Area
Outside of the classroom, students will also have all of the Bay Area at their fingertips. Spend weekends exploring the cable cars, the bay, endless neighborhoods, famous food destinations, and other attractions in and out of the city.
Semester in San Francisco
Semester in San Francisco is highly experiential and encourages a human-centric approach to entrepreneurship. While living in the Bay Area, you’ll experience professional life in San Francisco by working closely with startups, meeting with investors, learning from CEOs, and exploring the industry through unique extracurricular activities.
As a student in this program, you will have the opportunity to take part in the following—and more:
Founder Breakfasts, where company founders will share their experiences in starting companies
> Tech Treks, including day trips to local companies and startups
> Pitch Nights, where students in the program can present and discuss their work
> Social events hosted regularly throughout the semester
Here’s a short video of our students sharing their Semester in San Francisco experience
To learn more about this exciting program, click here.
Contact email@example.com for more information. We look forward to welcoming you at our San Francisco location!
Request more information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from
Northeastern University with details about our degree programs
and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our
enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.