We will be using TurningPoint ResponseWare in the classroom. This will allow me to poll you during class and/or conduct quizzes. Your performance on these questions or your participation may be graded and these grades will be sent to the Blackboard gradebook.
In order to gain access to the ResponseWare software, you will need to buy a license, and you’ll need to follow these exact steps. There are several methods for registration, but only this method will get your grades reported to the gradebook.
- Log into Blackboard: https://blackboard.neu.edu. If you are using a shared computer, clear the cache and make sure it is your account that is logged into Blackboard.
- Go into your course and select Tools.
- Select the Turning Account Registration link. You will be taken to the Turning Account
- Enter your Husky email address and click Create an account. If you already have an account and know your username and password, log in and skip to step 8.
- Check your email and click the link to verify your Turning Account.
- After verifying your email, enter all required fields as noted by the asterisk on the Profile page. Click Finish.
- If you have your license and/or device, you can enter them in the provided screen. Click Finish and skip to step 12. If not, continue to step 8.
- Click Dashboard from the menu. Important: You should see Northeastern University listed in the Organization box and https://blackboard.neu.edu in the Learning Management System Links box, as well as a green check mark under Learning Management System. If not, go back and complete steps 1 through 4.
- Click the License icon box from Dashboard. If you previously had an account, check to see that the license expiration date is after the expiration date of this course. If so, you’re all set and need do nothing else to register.
- Click Student Store from the menu. You should see Northeastern University Student Store on the top of the page.
- Purchase a Turning Account 1, 2 or 4 year license and complete checkout process. License is automatically added to your account.
- To ensure your account is correct, click back on Dashboard from the menu. You should have a check mark in the Learning Management System box and the License box:
Before every class, confirm that you know the correct session ID and ensure that you are logged in before you join the session.
On mobile devices, you can keep yourself signed in by following these directions:
- Click on the menu icon in the top left, then click “Sign In.”
- Enter your credentials.
- Press the menu icon in the top left again and click on “Settings.”
- Move the “Keep Me Signed In” to the right so that you see the toggle track turn green.