We will be using TurningPoint clickers in the classroom. This will allow me to poll you during class and/or conduct quizzes. Your performance on these questions or your participation may be graded and these grades will be sent to the Blackboard gradebook.
In order to properly register your clicker, you will need to buy a clicker and a license, and you’ll need to follow these exact steps. There are several methods for registration, but only this method will get your grades reported to the gradebook. You should bring your clicker to class every day because you will need to use it to have your answers recorded.
- Log into Blackboard: https://blackboard.neu.edu. If you are using a shared computer, clear the cache and make sure it is your account that is logged into Blackboard.
- Go into your course and select Tools.
- Select the Turning Account Registration link. You will be taken to the Turning Account
- Enter your Husky student email address and click Create an account. If you already have an account and know your username and password, sign in and skip to step 8.
- Check your email and click the link to verify your Turning Account.
- After verifying your email, enter all required fields as noted by the asterisk on the Profile page. Click Finish.
- If you have your device, you can enter them in the provided screen. Click Finish and skip to step 9. If not, continue to step 8.
- Click Dashboard from the menu:
- Important: You should see Northeastern University listed in the Organization box and https://blackboard.neu.edu in the Learning Management System Links box, as well as a green check mark under Learning Management System. If not, go back and complete steps 1 through 4.
- If you previously had an account, click License to see that the license expiration date is after the expiration date of this course. If your license will last the duration of the course, you don’t need to buy a license, but you will need to buy a clicker, so you should proceed to the next step. If your license will last the duration of the course AND you already have a clicker, skip to step 12.
- Click Student Store from the menu. You should see Northeastern University Student Store on the top of the page.
- Purchase a clicker bundle that includes a Turning Account 1, 2 or 4 year license and complete checkout process. The license is automatically added to your account. You can buy a clicker from the Northeastern bookstore, but you’ll need to enter the license code that comes in the clicker box into the license section—it will not be added automatically. If you already have a clicker or bought a used clicker, buy only the Turning Account 1, 2, or 4 year license. This license will be added to your account when you check out.
- If you purchased a clicker, return to your Turning Account after you receive your clicker. Select Dashboard from the menu.
- Click Device and click Add a Device.
- Register your device by entering in the Device ID located on the back of the clicker below the
barcode. This will be a six digit code that uses the numbers 0 – 9 the letters A – F. There will be not letter O’s. Click Redeem. You will see notification that your clicker is registered.
- To ensure your account is correct, click back on Dashboard from the menu. You should have a check mark in the Learning Management System box, License Box and the Device box.
Before every class, confirm that you know the correct channel number and ensure The instructor will need to use a radio frequency receiver to receive your answers, and you’ll need to be connected to the same channel. Ask the instructor what channel he or she is receiving on, and then change the channel on your clicker:
- Press the “Ch” button.
- Enter the two digit channel number
- Press the “Ch” button again. You should see a green light.