Northeastern Information Technology Services has secured a license for online and on-ground classroom use of Poll Everywhere, a student response solution that allows students to respond to polling questions and displays results in real-time. Poll Everywhere offers usability, a good variety of question types, and web and PowerPoint/Keynote/Google slides delivery.
The Northeastern Poll Everywhere Pro account provides the following upgraded feature-set over the standard free higher-ed accounts:
- Receive answers from more students (free accounts are limited to 40 responses)
- Single sign-on using university credentials. Quickest way to log in!
- Track individual student responses
- Moderate responses to free text questions
- Mark answers correct/incorrect and assign points
- Send grades to the Blackboard gradebook (on blackboard.neu.edu)
License Restrictions for Acceptance of the Poll Everywhere Pro Account:
- You may only use your Poll Everywhere Pro account for Northeastern courses. You cannot use it for Non-Northeastern events.
- All presenters and participants must be logged in through single sign on. View login tips for faculty or login tips for students.
- If you allow students to text their responses, you must ensure that students’ phone numbers are verified through the Poll Everywhere process.
Support and documentation videos are available below to help you and your students meet these restrictions. It’s painless, but just requires your attention early in the semester.
If you do not agree with the requirements but find yourself with a Poll Everywhere account linked with your @Northeastern address, please 1) email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about the account and 2) log into your Poll Everywhere account and change your email to a personal account. Here’s a video to show you how to do that.
- Reporting: Inviting students to your course using the Blackboard building block (not required in general but it is necessary for if you will be using gradebook integration)
- Reporting: Creating questions in bulk and marking which answers are correct
- Reporting: Using shared runs to run questions in multiple sections
- Installing the Poll Everywhere add-in on Windows 10 classroom computers
- Sharing Poll Everywhere questions with colleagues
- How to enable the Poll Everywhere add-in in PowerPoint if it gets disabled
- How to import multiple questions via a spreadsheet
- Converting TurningPoint questions
- Poll Everywhere user guide
- Poll Everywhere FAQ