Beginning July 1, 2017, faculty and staff at Northeastern will have access to Articulate 360, which includes an upgraded version of Storyline, software that supports the creation of interactive modules. Content created under Storyline 1 or Storyline 2 will continue to work and will be able to be updated in Storyline 360. However, content created in Storyline 360 will not be able to be opened for editing in Storyline 1 or Storyline 2. Users are encouraged to update their software following the software update process detailed below.
Many resources on the Storyline 2 help page are still relevant. We will be updating this page with more resources after July 1, 2017.
What is Articulate 360?
Articulate 360 is a suite of software that includes the following components:
Storyline 360 empowers you to create any interactive e-learning course you can imagine for any device imaginable, from desktop and laptop computers to tablets and smartphones.
Rise is a web app that lets you create beautiful, fully-responsive courses fast. Rise courses use the latest web technologies, so they automatically adapt to any device, no extra work required. Rise is responsive authoring the way it should be.
Preso is an iPad app for creating narrated presentations. It’s fast, easy, and fun.
Add PDFs and images from your camera, photo library, or cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive. Record narration and add annotations, even pan and zoom to highlight important content. Then upload your project to Articulate 360 where you can collect feedback with Articulate Review, download the MP4 video, or export it as an LMS package.
Peek is a screen-recording app for Mac and Windows computers. It’s included with your Articulate 360 subscription.
Peek is intuitive and fast. Your screencast will automatically upload to Articulate 360 when you’re done recording. Then you can collect feedback with Articulate Review or download your video as an MP4 file or LMS package.
Replay 360 is a powerful, intuitive video-recording app included with your Articulate 360 subscription.
Use Replay 360 to create engaging training videos by easily mixing screencasts, webcam videos, video files, audio tracks, images, and lower-third graphics.
The Content Library is a collection of professionally-designed slide templates and characters that dramatically speeds up your course development and wows your audience. We’re constantly adding new assets to the library to inspire you and keep your designs fresh.
Articulate Review is a web app for collaborating with stakeholders on e-learning projects.
You publish a course to Articulate 360 where you use Articulate Review to collect feedback. Then update your project with the recommended changes and keep everyone in sync with the latest version of the course.
Note: Articulate Review does not provide long-term module hosting. Modules published for courses should be posted to Blackboard or to a website.
Articulate Live is exclusive, online training to help you grow. It’s included with your Articulate 360 subscription.
Join live webinars that teach you how to build better courses with the industry’s leading e-learning gurus, including Tom Kuhlmann, author of The Rapid E-Learning Blog.
Because of limits on our license, faculty and staff must request access to an Articulate 360 account and access will be granted on a time-limited basis for projects they are working on with an option to renew. Content that you create will still work if you choose for your license not to be renewed–you’ll just need an active license to update your projects. Please complete this survey to request access to Storyline 360.
Installing Articulate 360 (including Storyline 360)
In order to install Storyline 360, you’ll need to have either a free 30-day demo account (using your @northeastern email address) or have been granted one of Northeastern’s Articulate 360 licenses (request a license using the button above). New with this license agreement, faculty and staff may download Articulate 360 products on their own computers for use to create Northeastern-related learning modules.
- Review Articulate’s install instructions here.
- You will need administrative permissions on your Windows PC to install Storyline. You can request administrative permissions on a Northeastern-imaged computer here.
- Students in general are not allowed access to Storyline licenses, but students who are working on a project with a faculty or staff member should apply for a sponsored account and request an @northeastern.edu email address. Once approved by the sponsor, the student may then apply with their sponsored account email address.
Articulate 360 Training and Resources
Northeastern offers instructor-facilitated for Storyline 360 and online training for Storyline 360 and Articulate 360.
- On-ground courses can be viewed on our events page.
- New with the Articulate 360 license is Articulate Live, which provides expert facilitated online courses on a variety of topics. You’ll need an Articulate 360 license in order to view and join these courses.
- Lynda.com offers a course on Storyline 360 that faculty and staff of Northeastern can access without an Articulate license.
- Learn more about other learning object creation tools available at Northeastern.
- If you have trouble with your Storyline file, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or log a ticket with the Articulate support desk.