If you would like to receive text message (SMS) notifications from Blackboard to your mobile phone, you may opt-in using the “Notification Settings” options in Blackboard. Here’s how:
- Log into Blackboard at http://northeastern.blackboard.com
- Click your name at the upper right, then click “Settings” here: https://www.screencast.com/t/RzKtHX7O
- Click “Personal Information“, then “Edit Personal Information” https://www.screencast.com/t/W5V1IjsX
- Scroll down and verify that your mobile phone number is correct. Make corrections and then click “Submit” at the bottom.
- Click your name again at the upper right, then click “Edit Notification Settings” under Settings. https://www.screencast.com/t/agOuK4xYJ
- Click the “courses I am taking” link. https://www.screencast.com/t/cuzF9rmzbDY
- Scroll down. For every event for which you would like to receive a text message notification, check a box in the “SMS” column. https://www.screencast.com/t/dguogTGQRjDZ
- Click Submit at the bottom.
Going forward, whenever one of the events listed occurs, you will receive a text message from Blackboard.
We hope this information is helpful.