Learning Catalytics is a web based polling system that offers Pearson question banks and shared community content, as well as a large selection of question formats for instructors that wish to develop their own classroom assignments. Students respond using their computers or mobile devices and can review questions and performance during or after class. Multiple instructor analysis tools are available for review of individual or session results.
- 18 question formats with algebraic expression interpretation.
- Classroom seating map.
- Automatic and instructor-led synchronous and asynchronous polling modes.
- Instructor defined intelligent groupings.
- Mobile UI for instructors.
Learning Catalytics is free to instructors. Student subscriptions are $12 per term or $20 per year.
All users must have a Learning Catalytics account, an internet connection, and browser or mobile app for poll creation or participation.
- Create a new instructor account at https://learningcatalytics.com/instructor_sign_up.
- Access your classes at https://learningcatalytics.com using Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
- Create a new student account at https://learningcatalytics.com/student_sign_up.
- Mobile device users can download the Learning Catalytics app (optional) or use a browser to response to polls.
- Browser users should open their classes at https://learningcatalytics.com using Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
Training and Support
User Guides and Tutorials
*Learning Catalytics is not currently supported at Northeastern. While we will help you as we can, you may need to contact Learning Catalytics for advanced assistance with this software.