The Office of Alumni Relations is excited to offer you a month-long content series, that will provide 24/7 access to faculty and experts from some of today’s hottest industries. Use the month of April to take a sneak peek into how you can gain exposure into the themes and skills associated with a Master of Science in Project Management.
Joseph A. Griffin is an Associate Teaching Professor in the Master of Science in Project Management program, and he also serves as the lead faculty member for the program.
Connie Emerson is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Master of Science in Project Management program.
Stephen Onu is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Project Management graduate program and a frequent speaker on global project management concepts around the world.
All three faculty members will be contributing to this month’s content through both video and supplemental materials. The interactive session scheduled to take place on Thursday April 28, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. EST will feature Connie Emerson.
- Gain an introduction into the principles and practices that assist a project manager.
- Learn what items should be included in a risk register.
- Tips towards developing a quality toolset and leading a project in a culturally diverse atmosphere.
Week 1: Introduction to Project Scope and Work Breakdown Structure featuring Stephen Onu
- Gain insight into the principles and practices that help a project manager create an effective schedule.
- Hear an introduction into the elements of a work breakdown structure.
- Learn the definitions for, and elements of a project, project stakeholder, stake holder analysis, and project charter from Joseph A. Griffin.
Week 2: Risk Management featuring Connie Emerson
- Review 10 common oversights of project risk management.
- Learn what items should be included on your risk table.
- Identify best practices for risk monitoring and control.
NOW AVAILABLE - Week 3: Project Quality Initiative & Leading in a Culturally Diverse Environment featuring Joseph Griffin
- Explore reasons behind increased diversity in the work place.
- Learn how technological advantages can impact cultural diversity within a corporation.
- Review best practices of how to apply quality concepts to the organizational environment.
Week 4: Interactive Session with Connie Emerson
The interactive session will take place on Thursday, April 27 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. EST. Click here to join the interactive session.
Blackboard Ultra Tutorial
- Discuss what you learned
- Connect with your peers
- Engage with faculty experts
- Inquire about propelling your career with an enrollment specialist from the Professional Advancement Network