- Completed Transfer Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Fall 2018 Applicants: To ensure that your application is reviewed for admission, your application and all required documents should be received by the April 1, 2018 deadline.
- Application fee of $75
- Official college transcript(s) for all institutions you have attended
- College Report (form available through the Common Application and Coalition Application) to be completed by the Registrar Office or Dean of your current/previous school. All sections must be completed in order for your application to be reviewed.
- Academic Evaluation from an academic advisor, professor, or employer (online submission through the Common Application or Coalition Application)
- Final high school transcript or GED/HISET score report
- SAT/ACT scores for applicants who have completed less than one year of full-time college coursework (less than 24 college credits after secondary school graduation) as of the application deadline. This is not required for students who have been out of high school for more than five years or for students who did not complete high school in the U.S.
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)/Community College of the Air Force transcript for veterans or active duty military
- Certified Transcript Evaluation by a recognized credentialing agency (highly recommended). For transfer applicants who have earned credits at an international institution, an evaluation is required to process transfer credits after admission to Northeastern. Transcripts should be evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation or another recognized credentialing agency.
- English Language Proficiency: If your first language and/or language spoken at home is not English, you will be required to demonstrate English language proficiency, by submitting valid results directly from the testing agency for one of the following exams:
- TOEFL iBT (Composite 92+; Reading, Writing, and Listening subscores 22+; and, Speaking 24+)
- IELTS Academic (6.5 Overall Band Score, with no subscore band below 6.0)
- PTE Academic (62+)
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (Cambridge English Scale 176+)
Northeastern’s English Proficiency Requirement may be waived at the discretion of the Admissions Committee if you will have spent at least 4 academic years studying at institutions (high schools, colleges or universities) where English was the primary language of instruction, and was studied at an academic level as opposed to being studied as a second or additional language. Students attending a high school or university outside of the United States, regardless of citizenship, should review information in the International Student Admissions page.
Only students with these scores and above will be eligible for merit scholarship considerations.
- Non-U.S. citizen applicants are required to submit the Certification of Finances form for their application to be considered complete. The Certification of Finances is designed to assist colleges and universities in obtaining complete and accurate information about the funds available to international applicants. As Northeastern is unable to offer state or federally-funded financial support to international applicants, the process of verifying the financial resources of students is essential.
- Portfolios are required for Studio Art, and are encouraged for majors within the College of Arts, Media and Design. Beginning in Spring 2018, a portfolio is no longer required for Music Technology applicants. Northeastern uses SlideRoom for online portfolio submissions. Visit these pages to learn more details regarding the portfolio requirements for Studio Art and portfolio guidelines for all other CAMD majors.
Download a copy of the Transfer Application Checklist for a comprehensive list of required information.
Transfer credit policies and course equivalencies listed here.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that any test scores are submitted directly to Northeastern University by the testing service.