Students who will have completed at least 12 semester hours of college-level coursework (after high school graduation) OR have attempted at least one semester of full-time coursework and maintained enrollment through the add/drop period.
- Completed Transfer Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Fall 2019 Applicants: To ensure that your application is reviewed for admission, your application and all required documents should be received by the April 1, 2019 deadline.
- Application fee of $75
- Official college transcript(s) for all institutions you have attended
- College Report (form available through the Common Application and Coalition Application) to be completed by the Registrar Office or Dean of your current/previous school. All sections must be completed in order for your application to be reviewed.
- Evaluation from an academic advisor, professor, or employer (online submission through the Common Application or Coalition Application)
- Final high school transcript or GED/HiSET score report
- SAT/ACT scores for applicants who have completed less than one year of full-time college coursework (less than 24 college credits after secondary school graduation) as of the application deadline. This is not required for students who have been out of high school for more than five years or for students who did not complete high school in the U.S.
- Joint Services Transcript (JST)/Community College of the Air Force transcript for veterans or active duty military
- Mid-term Report (highly recommended) for students who are currently enrolled in courses. Form available online through the Common Application and Coalition Application.
- Certified Transcript Evaluation by a recognized credentialing agency (highly recommended). For transfer applicants who have earned credits at an international institution, an evaluation is required to process transfer credits after admission to Northeastern. Transcripts should be evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation or another recognized credentialing agency.
- English Proficiency: All students, regardless of citizenship must demonstrate English language proficiency when applying to Northeastern. You can meet the requirement if:
- English is your native language.
- You have lived, and studied, at a high school for 4 consecutive academic years, in the United States or another majority native English speaking country.
- You submit, along with your application, official test results directly from the testing agency for one of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Please see the International Students page for more information.
- Non-U.S. citizen applicants are required to submit the Declaration and Certification of Finances (DCF) form for their application to be considered complete. The Certification of Finances is designed to assist colleges and universities in obtaining complete and accurate information about the funds available to international applicants. As Northeastern is unable to offer state or federally-funded financial support to international applicants, the process of verifying the financial resources of students is essential.
- Portfolios are required for Studio Art, and are encouraged for majors within the College of Arts, Media and Design. Beginning in Spring 2018, a portfolio is no longer required for Music Technology applicants. Northeastern uses SlideRoom for online portfolio submissions. Visit these pages to learn more details regarding the portfolio requirements for Studio Art and portfolio guidelines for all other CAMD majors.
Download a copy of the Transfer Application Checklist for a comprehensive list of required information.
Transfer credit policies and course equivalencies listed here.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that any test scores are submitted directly to Northeastern University by the testing service.