- Completed Transfer Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Spring 2018 Applicants: To ensure that your application is reviewed for admission, all required documents must be received no later than Friday, October 13.
- Application fee of $75
- Official college transcript(s) for all institutions you have attended
- College Report (form available through the Common Application) to be completed by the Registrar Office or Dean of your current/previous school. All sections must be completed in order for your application to be reviewed.
- Academic Evaluation from an academic advisor, professor, or employer (online submission through the Common Application)
- Final high school transcript or GED score report
- SAT/ACT scores for applicants who have completed less than one year of full-time college coursework (less than 24 college credits after secondary school graduation) as of the application deadline. This is not required for students who have been out of high school for more than five years or for students who did not complete high school in the U.S.
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) for veterans or active duty military
- Certified English translations of all transcripts by a recognized credentialing agency. For transfer applicants who have earned credits at an international institution, transcripts should be evaluated by the Center for Educational Documentation.
- English proficiency: Northeastern seeks to enroll the most talented and academically qualified students. Even if your English proficiency falls below our recommendations, we have the expertise and necessary academic infrastructure to support students who need to improve their English skills. Our required English proficiency scores are:
- 92 on the internet-based TOEFL exam (reading sub score 22, listening sub score 22, speaking sub score 24, and writing sub score 22)
- 6.5 on the IELTS exam (no band below 6.0)
- 62 on the PTE exam (no band below 62)
Only students with these scores and above will be eligible for merit scholarship considerations.
- Non-U.S. citizen applicants are required to submit the Certification of Finances form for their application to be considered complete. The Certification of Finances is designed to assist colleges and universities in obtaining complete and accurate information about the funds available to international applicants. As Northeastern is unable to offer state or federally-funded financial support to international applicants, the process of verifying the financial resources of students is essential.
- Portfolios are required for Studio Art, and are encouraged for majors within the College of Arts, Media and Design. Beginning in Spring 2018, a portfolio is no longer required for Music Technology applicants. Northeastern uses SlideRoom for online portfolio submissions. Visit these pages to learn more details regarding the portfolio requirements for Studio Art and portfolio guidelines for all other CAMD majors.
Transfer credit policies and course equivalencies listed here.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that any test scores are submitted directly to Northeastern University by the testing service.