In Suzhou, students stay at the Student Parfait International Apartments—Wencui Apartments. This housing facility is home to students from all over the world including France, Germany, China, and the U.K. It’s a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world!
The apartment complex is staffed 24 hours per day and is a gated community. There is a security officer at the front gate at all times to monitor for unauthorized access. On-site front desk staff are available to report mechanical issues to. Don’t forget, we also will have the China Institute Director of Student Life and Resident Assistants on-site to support students outside of the classroom.
Students live in four-or six-bedroom apartment units. Regardless of the unit size, each student will have their own bedroom, bathroom, and enclosed balcony space. Each bedroom also comes equipped with a desk, some storage space, and a safe for valuables. Students in each apartment unit will share a common area/living room and a small kitchenette/dining space. To access your apartment unit, you will need a secure keycard (provided upon arrival). Each individual bedroom has a room key as well. Please note that students are solely responsible for any costs associated with lost keycards/keys, missing items in the units, and damage to the units.
The apartments include a wide-variety of amenities, including:
- Secure entry and key card access.
- 24-hour staff.
- Central heating and air-conditioning (which is not common in the average Chinese apartment).
- Wireless internet access.
- Television (some English channels included!).
- Fridge and microwave.
- Free laundry facilities on every floor (the enclosed balcony space in the bedrooms can be used for line-drying clothing).
- Towels and linens provided (including pillows).
- Weekly cleaning crew (changes towels/linens, sweeps floors, takes out trash, etc.).
- Easy access to local transportation, grocery stores, restaurants and retail shops.
- Mattress pads on all beds for additional comfort.
Important: Just like at home, you are responsible for stocking your home with certain items, including, but not limited to, toiletries and cookware. Some items are provided in the apartment to get you started, and the units are fully furnished. China Institute staff members save as many items from past students as possible, such as hangars and utensils. Check with the China Institute staff upon arrival to determine what items you may be able to check out (borrow) for the duration of your program.