The AAC interns are apart of a dynamic team that assists in impacting the ways that the AAC engages with the Northeastern campus. They working in tandem with the AAC professional staff to ensure that the programs are running smoothly, and that we are impacting the campus to the best of our ability. Additionally, they are charge of a variety of tasks that help keep the AAC running. These tasks range from office duties, to running small programs for the Asian Pacific Islander Desi American community.
Check out their blog here to see other posts, and past projects: AAC Intern’s Blog
- Year: 2019
- Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
- Major: Pharmacy
- Comfort Food: Shin Ramyun with Kimchi, Korean Barbecue, White Rice
- Why I chose to work at the AAC: The AAC offers many opportunities for students who want to get involved in the Asian American community within the campus. Working here allows me to partake in the “behind-the-scene” logistics that takes place for all AAC events and it also allows me to meet various types of people from different types of Asian American backgrounds.
- Year: 2023
- Hometown: Nashville, TN
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Comfort Food: Rice with Salmon and Fish Sauce
- Why I chose to work at the AAC: Being from the South, I have never really connected with other Asians around me. Being around others with the same demographic would help me search and find my true identity and learn what I could become for my future success.
- Year: 2nd Year
- Hometown: Staten Island, New York
- Major: Biology
- Why I chose to work at the AAC: I love helping people out because it gives me a sense of joy that I am able to make someone's life easier even if it is just something small. Even though being part of a community that I find myself so closely related to, I realized that there are still a lot of unique stories that I would love to listen to. So come out to the aac and I would be happy to meet you.
- Year: 2nd Year
- Hometown: East Brunswick
- Major: Biomedical physics
- Minor: Mathematics
- Why I chose to work at the AAC: This year I became the PAAC representative for NU Barkada, and in a very short amount of time I was able to feel the value of being involved in the Asian American community on campus. I've been able to meet so many great friends, and I've learned much more about the Filipino culture and the Asian culture over the past few months than I did in all of my years prior. To me, working at the AAC is another opportunity to experience even more of what PAAC has given me, and it is also an opportunity for me to help the AAC become an even better space for our community.
- Year: 2021
- Hometown: New Jersey
- Major: Computer Science and Marketing
- Comfort Food: Hotpot, Boba, Korean BBQ, fried chicken
- Why I chose to work at the AAC: I have been involved in PAAC since my freshman year until now. I want to help contribute by planning projects and activities for the Northeastern community to enjoy. The AAC is my home away from home, and I have met life-changing friends there. If you see me working, make sure to say hi.