Sessions are 45 minutes long, and you can make an appointment up to one week in advance by registering an account with our scheduling service (WC Online).
- Use the drop-down menu to select the schedule at the 412 Holmes or at 136 Snell.
- In either schedule, you can select the online option
Choose an appointment slot that is most convenient for you.
- You may sign up for two appointments per week.
- Each student may have only one appointment per day
- Note: graduate students working on a dissertation or thesis may request an exception to the one appointment per day policy by e-mailing the Assistant Director of the Writing Center at least a week in advance. Read more about that policy exception here.
- Please make every attempt to keep your appointment and only book appointments where you can begin on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, the Writing Center staff reserves the right to give your appointment to another student or mark your appointment as a “no show”
- If you accrue two “no show” appointments, you will be locked out of the Writing Center scheduling system and you will no longer be able to book appointments. If you are locked out, contact email@example.com. If you are locked out twice in a semester, you will no longer be able to use the Writing Center that semester.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, cancel at least 4 hours in advance.For example, if you have a 10 am appointment, you must cancel before 6 am. To cancel your appointment, log into your WCOnline account, click your appointment slot, and click “cancel this appointment.” Appointments that have not been cancelled at least 4 hours before the start of the appointment will be considered “no shows.”
- Clients who need a last-minute cancellation should call the Writing Center at 617-373-4549.