Sessions are 45 minutes long, and you can make an appointment up to one week in advance by registering an account with our scheduling service (WC Online).
- Use the drop-down menu to select the schedule at the 412 Holmes or at 136 Snell.
- In either schedule, you can select the online option
If the schedule is full on a particular date, you can join the Waiting List by selecting the clock icon. You can also attempt a walk-in appointment by showing up at either location during opening hours; however, walk-ins are subject to tutor availability.
Number of Appointments
- Clients can make up to two appointments per week.
- Each client is limited to one appointment per day
- Note: graduate students working on a dissertation or thesis may request an exception to the one appointment per day policy by e-mailing the Assistant Director of the Writing Center at least a week in advance. Read more about that policy exception here.
- If you miss two appointments, you will automatically be locked out of the Writing Center scheduling system and unable to book appointments. If you are locked out, contact email@example.com. If you are locked out twice in a semester, you will no longer be able to use the Writing Center that semester.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, the Writing Center staff reserves the right to mark your appointment as a “no show” and/or give your appointment to someone else.
Please cancel at least 4 hours in advance. Appointments that have not been cancelled at least 4 hours before the start of the appointment will be considered “no shows.” Clients who need a last-minute cancellation should call the Writing Center at 617-373-4549.