2014 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize Call for ProposalsCall for Proposals for 2014
Postmark Deadline: November 26, 2014
The Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University is pleased to announce the competition for the 2014 Carrie Chapman Catt Prize for Research on Women and Politics.
This annual competition is designed to encourage and reward scholars embarking on significant research in the area of women and politics. Numerous proposals from a variety of academic disciplines are received each year. Proposals are blind-reviewed by a faculty committee.
The prize includes a $1,500 cash award for each project selected. Honorable mention prizes of $750 per project may also be awarded.
Research projects submitted for prize consideration may address any topic related to women and politics. Scholars at any level, including graduate students and junior faculty members, may apply.
To be considered for the 2014 prize, applicants should submit the following materials, postmarked by November 26, 2014:
1. Complete cover sheet
2. Biographical statement for author(s) (one page or less for each author)
3. Four (4) copies of the project description (5–10 pages, double spaced, 12-point font):
- Proposal title
- 150-200 word abstract summarizing its purpose and content
- Discussion of relevant theory, contributions to literature in the field and methodology; other relevant information may also be included
- Statement and itemized budget describing how the Catt Prize will contribute to the research project
- Timetable for completion of the project
- Bibliography (not part of the 5-10 page limit)
As proposals are blind-reviewed, do not include author names in the project description.
Mail (do not fax or email) packet to:
Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics
309 Carrie Chapman Catt Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-1305
For more information, contact the center at firstname.lastname@example.org.