|About We Care
The We Care program is in place to aid departments in developing their own systems to deal with student crises, as well as to aid faculty and staff who request guidance in identifying existing Northeastern resources for students.
How We Care Works
Students come to the attention of We Care in a variety of ways:
- Faculty and staff use the email address or phone numbers to contact We Care directly to discuss the needs of a student they see as possibly being in crisis
- NUPD notes students who appear headed for crisis
- Residential Life Staff work closely with many of our students and have multiple opportunities to see students who exhibit behaviors ranging from general unhappiness to disruptive behavior which demands more immediate intervention
- Students transported to local hospitals are routinely followed up with and on occasion, the transport was the trigger that enabled the student to reach out for help during the follow up check-in
- OSCCR referrals for a variety of violations of our Code of Conduct also allow us to identify students who are having difficulty managing the freedom and responsibilities associated with college life
- Spiritual Life, Parent Programs, UHCS and other offices where student concerns are raised, continually bring to the table students who demonstrate troubling behavior or signal in some way their need for additional guidance.
Contact We Care
617-373-3333 or 671-373-2121
Student Affairs and We Care (non-emergency)
617-373-4384 or email@example.com
617-373-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org