Sensor System Programmer
The System Integration team of the VOTERS project is searching for talented and motivated MS students (BS students considered as well) in ECE to integrate new sensors into a multi-modal distributed sensor framework. The goal is to integrate a new vision as well as a millimeter-wave radar system. Students will work closely with the senor experts. VOTERS equips regular vehicles (e.g. vans) with a suite of sensors to continuously monitor and assess the health of roads and bridge decks.
Based on skills, experience and contribution of the applicant compensation can be hourly or as a research assistantship. Applicant needs to be available for full summer 2013.
- Very good C++ programming experience with object oriented design aspects
- Multi-threaded programming (e.g. in POSIX)
- Must have solid operating system knowledge of Linux
- Administrator-level knowledge is a plus
- Linux driver development experience is a plus
- Knowledge of QNX, or Windows are a plus
- Experience with distributed system programming, such as Remote Procedure Calls (RPC), CORBA, JASON
- Some experience with programming and controlling of data acquisition systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
Interested students please send your resume / CV and an unofficial transcript to Jiaxing Zhang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Back to top