Tire Excited Acoustic Sensors (TEASe)
TEASe (Tire Excited Acoustic Sensor) is an acoustic system that listens to the noise made by the vehicle's tires on the roadbed and determines possible defects such as cracks or poor bonding between the concrete roadbed and asphalt overlay. TEASe will be a wave-based sensor that will analyze the tire noise created in normal driving, allowing road defects to be detected without stopping traffic.
- Non-contacting acoustically assessing surface and subsurface conditions
- Vehicle tires as a mechanical excitation source
- Sensing at highway speed
- Custom high-speed signal processing
- Detection of weak signals
- Too much noise to extract desired information