(567 Lake Hall)
Boston, MA 02115
Office: 536 Nightingale Hall
Office Phone: 1-617-373-5232
I am a Zelevinsky Research Instructor (formerly Postdoctoral Teaching Associate) in the Department of Mathematics at Northeastern University (Boston, MA), working with Professors Alexander Martsinkovsky and Gordana Todorov. I am finishing my postdoc at Northeastern and currently on this year’s job market.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics from Texas A&M University in August 2014. My thesis advisor is Professor Sarah Witherspoon.
My non-math hobbies include cooking, hiking, coffee-shop hopping, traveling and reading. I love food and love to try/cook various cuisines. It is my favorite way to expose to different cultures, people, and backgrounds; and it goes very well with my travel interest.
I also am the faculty advisor for the Northeastern Math Club, see Service & Outreach tab for current club’s events. I’d love to share ideas on undergraduate Math club activities. Students who are interested in taking the Putnam Math Competition, which holds on Saturday December 3, 2016, should contact me for more information.
- Homological algebra
- (finite dimensional) Hopf algebras
- Representation theory of finite dimensional algebras
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Texas A&M University, August 2014
- B.A., Mathematics, University of California, San Diego, June 2008
- B.S., Management Science, University of California, San Diego, June 2008
- MAA Project NExT Fellow, Red ’15
- 2015 AMS-Simons Travel Grant (2015-2017)
- Ethel Ashworth-Tsutsui Memorial Award for Research (Nov. 2013)
- 2013 L. F. Guseman Prize in Mathematics (April 2013)