SIRFs awarded for Summer 2017 have the following reporting requirements:
- A mid-project report is due for those beginning in Summer I on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
- A mid-project report is due for those beginning in Summer II on Wednesday, August 2, 2017.
- Final projects are due on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
- A final report, signed off on by the project's faculty advisor, is due Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
- A 500-word blog post (with pictures), for eventual publication on the University Scholars site, is also due Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
- A poster explaining the project shall be presented at the fall Scholars Research Symposium in September (exact date to be announced).
The SIRF application process has three deadlines.
- Letters of Intent are due Friday, January 27, 2017.
- Applicants must attend the series of SIRF workshops, including “Mind the Gap,” “Connecting with Faculty Mentors,” “Ethical Conduct of Research” (when project requires IRB or IACUC approval), “From Problem to Proposal," and one "Proposal Review Workshop."
- Applications are due Friday, February 24, 2017.
SIRF Award decisions will be announced by the end of March. SIRF checks must be picked up in person. A SIRF contract must be signed by the student. All students travelling internationally must register their details in the "My Travel Plans" tool on MyNEU and complete a GEO travel briefing.