SIRFs awarded for Summer 2016 have the following reporting requirements:
- A mid-project report is due for those beginning in Summer I on Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- A mid-project report is due for those beginning in Summer II on Wednesday, August 3, 2016.
- Final projects are due on Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
- A final report, signed off on by the project's faculty advisor, is due Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
- A 500-word blog post (with pictures), for eventual publication on the University Scholars site, is also due Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
- A poster explaining the project shall be presented at the fall Scholars Research Symposium in September (exact date to be announced).
The SIRF application process has three deadlines.
- Letters of Intent are due Friday, February 5, 2016.
- Applicants must register for and attend a relevant SIRF Information Session/Application Writing Workshop in February.
- Applications are due Friday, March 4, 2016.
SIRF Awards will be announced soon thereafter. SIRF checks must be picked up in person. A SIRF contract must be signed by the student. All students travelling internationally must attend a travel information session with GEO.